Helleborus × hybridus 'Double Ellen White'
hellebore Double Ellen White
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to April
- Flower colour: mainly white
- Other features: all parts of the plant cause severe discomfort if ingested; the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
White, somewhat pointed-tipped petals, which are lightly freckled with deep maroon, surround a boss of creamy white stamens, forming large blooms that are carried on stout, upright stems. Ideal for adding light to a partially shaded border.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.