Fuchsia 'Delta's Sara'
fuchsia (syn Fuchsia Deltas Sarah )
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy ( may need winter protection)
A newly introduced, hardy Fuchsia, that produces large, white and violet-blue flowers, which seem to drip from the branches for a long period throughout summer and autumn. Wonderful for adding lashings of colour to a mixed border, it will also flourish in a gererously-sized pot and can be under-planted with seasonal bedding.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.
Tender perennials, such as pelargoniums, fuchsias, osteospermums and marguerites look great all summer, but unless they are given protection from the harsh winter weather, they will need to be replaced each spring. If you can do this, they will last for yRead full article