Thymus 'Silver Posie'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: bright purple to white
- Other features: the aromatic leaves are a useful ingredient in bouquet garni, stuffings and sauces; highly attractive to bees and other beneficial pollinating insects
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bright purple to white flowers in late spring and early summer and wonderful, white-margined, aromatic, grey-green leaves. This bushy, creeping thyme is an excellent ground cover plant. Perfect for a sunny rock garden or for edging paths and borders, the aromatic leaves are useful for making bouquet garni, stuffings and sauces.
- Garden care: After flowering cut back hard using garden shears to retain a neat compact shape. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring
All garden pests have natural enemies. The trick is to encourage these beneficial insects and other creatures to take up residence in your garden so that they can do the pest management for you. The most effective way to do this is to provide the conditioRead full article
Companion planting is a method of growing different plants adjacent to one another for the benefit of one or both of the companions. Some plants are thought to confuse or act as a decoy to potential pests, while a few provide food for the pest's naturalRead full article
Late summer is the best time to prune many midsummer-flowering shrubs to keep them vigorous and flowering well. It is also the ideal time to prune several trees that are prone to bleeding if pruned at other times, and it’s not too late to complete the pruRead full article
If you let weeds gain a foothold, you’ll have trouble for months and even years to come, but to gain control and win the war against weeds you will need to get to know your enemy. The commonest weeds in your garden are not necessarily the ones you shouldRead full article